Inspiring Change invites emerging artists, art activists, cultural workers, youth workers, art researchers, of all age, disciplines & nationalities, to apply for training course & art residency, which takes place in Belgrade, Serbia, from 6th till 18th of August 2018.
What will we explore
This programme is focused on art entrepreneurship – building the professional capacities of artists & cultural workers who are interested in bringing change to their communities.
We would like to explore following topics with you:
- reconstructing the role of art in modern society
- exploring the phenomena of socially engaged art
- communicating the audience & needs assessment of the community
This project is research-based, intended to question borders & embrace changes.
Realization of the programme will be managed by the principles of non-formal education & learning community, addressing the individual needs of the applicants, through the following activities:
- interactive creative learning
- creative mentorship & individual support
- couching methods to inspire critical thinking
- developing individual & collaborative projects
- case studies
- lectures (a few)
- open discussions
- closed discussions
- walk & talk academy approach
- direct constructive feedback
Upon finishing the training course, participants will be provided with Inspiring Change certificates, stating their progress & competences.
The residential part of the programme represents a platform for artists to develop their individual project, or to discover collaborations with their fellow participants.
The programme offers an opportunity for cultural exchange, where participants will be able to meet the art & cultural scene of Belgrade, participate in developed art projects & network.
Coworking & coliving
We encourage team building & community living, therefore participants will be sharing their work & living space during the two weeks of programme & they are required to organize within themselves around the cooking & cleaning schedule.
- this programme is open for creative freethinkers, curious & willing to learn, open to new experiences, dedicated to their work & are comfortable with working in teams
- all applicants must be fluent in English
- please note that project proposals are not required
Fees & subventions
- full cost for the training course (workshop & mentor fees) is 250 euro per person
- there is no charge for the residency itself (accommodation, food, internal travel costs, materials, studio, etc)
- international travel expenses are not covered, as we encourage applicants to apply for alternative funding for their travel, for which we offer our full support & guidance
- for applicants who are motivated to participate, yet unable to pay the costs of the training course, we have provided limited amount of subventions to cover part of the costs of the programme (max of 5 subventions for up to 60% of the training costs)
Applicants should send following documents:
- filled & signed application form
- cv and/or portfolio
- subvention request (if applicable)
to email@example.com by the 20th of May 2018
Upon the first selection, selected candidates will be invited to skype interviews with our team members during May 2018, after which the final selection will be made.